Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Images of Speed

MX Training, Photographic, chat and information forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
COACH
Admin
COACH

WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?   WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:31 am

Gotta be a tough one to call....im gunna have to think about it... how about you guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imagesofspeed.co.uk
monda
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
monda

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?   WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:21 am

The acu junior knockout at Windgate hill. Those races were lots of fun for the spectators. top 35 do one lap eliminating half then they do 2 laps eliminating half, the remainder do three laps.
I got a slow puncture on the first lap and they were fannying about spliting us while my tyre was going down, I had a mate pumping it in the pit box but the last two laps it was flat and the wheel was braking up. I won with bearely a wheel left. This was my favourate race because the crowd were totally behind me and I could hear them, I was mobbed by about 8 poeple !

It doesn't matter how fast you are or not some races can be thrillers even in the juniors.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?   WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:26 pm

monda wrote:
The acu junior knockout at Windgate hill. Those races were lots of fun for the spectators. top 35 do one lap eliminating half then they do 2 laps eliminating half, the remainder do three laps.
I got a slow puncture on the first lap and they were fannying about spliting us while my tyre was going down, I had a mate pumping it in the pit box but the last two laps it was flat and the wheel was braking up. I won with bearely a wheel left. This was my favourate race because the crowd were totally behind me and I could hear them, I was mobbed by about 8 poeple !

It doesn't matter how fast you are or not some races can be thrillers even in the juniors.
That sounded great fun, nerve racking no doubt and to do several laps of Windgate with a flat is no mean feat affraid That reminds me of a good one I had there..... Junior at the time and the fastest juniors got through to the grand final against the experts... some good names there that day too, Kevin Froud possibly being the fastest. I got my normal quick gate and to my surprise I had Brev Beeson hot on my heels (another junior)which wasnt what I was expecting.... thinking it was gunna be an expert I hadnt looked behind till hitting the start straight cheers Thinking I must be off 'my' pace I upped my game and much to my surprice looked back a lap later to see Brev still there (now I was baffled as I normally caught and passed him) so the wick was turned up even more.... and that must have been some speed as come lap 3 at the start of the straight I knew Brev was still there and I was panicking thinking the experts must be closing us down..... affraid

Knowing in my mind I was a quicker rider I left my braking till the latest possible moment at the end of the start straight... unfortunatly I caught a braking bump and the back wheel was kicked up losing my stopping power.... I went straight into the ropes, thankfully (as some of you may know it was a tree infested steep drop if you overshot).... I was bearly stopped and Brev joined me later saying he wasnt gunna start braking till I did lol! we were both tangled in the ropes for what seemed like ages before Fround, Rushton and Garrett passed by Rolling Eyes

We were later told that we had such a lead the experts had been left for dead Mad One that sits in my mind as a lost oppertunity..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://ios1.forumotion.com
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?   WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 2:21 pm

So many memories... Monda ressurected a few for me. The meeting was the Liss Heart trophy I think (saw the trophy the other day) I was a junior around 1983 aboard my 480 CR I think.... I'd had a few hard junior 'A' races and won 2out of 3 I think then the most exciting part of the day for me was to get into the 'Allcomers' final (top juniors invited to race with the top experts)..... I got in and made a good start and cleared off leaving the likes of Gary Woolham (only name that I can think of now) and other top centre lads in my wake! This was my first expert win and still only a junior so I was well made up... had my pic in the paper an all Laughing

Memories live on..... I think its forum member Andyam that has a saying 'the older I get the faster I was' lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imagesofspeed.co.uk
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?   WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:02 am

Admin wrote:
monda wrote:

That sounded great fun, nerve racking no doubt and to do several laps of Windgate with a flat is no mean feat affraid That reminds me of a good one I had there..... Junior at the time and the fastest juniors got through to the grand final against the experts... some good names there that day too, Kevin Froud possibly being the fastest. I got my normal quick gate and to my surprise I had Brev Beeson hot on my heels (another junior)which wasnt what I was expecting.... thinking it was gunna be an expert I hadnt looked behind till hitting the start straight cheers Thinking I must be off 'my' pace I upped my game and much to my surprice looked back a lap later to see Brev still there (now I was baffled as I normally caught and passed him) so the wick was turned up even more.... and that must have been some speed as come lap 3 at the start of the straight I knew Brev was still there and I was panicking thinking the experts must be closing us down..... affraid

Knowing in my mind I was a quicker rider I left my braking till the latest possible moment at the end of the start straight... unfortunatly I caught a braking bump and the back wheel was kicked up losing my stopping power.... I went straight into the ropes, thankfully (as some of you may know it was a tree infested steep drop if you overshot).... I was bearly stopped and Brev joined me later saying he wasnt gunna start braking till I did lol! we were both tangled in the ropes for what seemed like ages before Fround, Rushton and Garrett passed by Rolling Eyes

We were later told that we had such a lead the experts had been left for dead Mad One that sits in my mind as a lost oppertunity..... Embarassed
Seen Monda's pic of the said track, Windgate hill.... in the background over his left shoulder is where I ended up in the ropes Embarassed
WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? First_10
Back to top Go down
monda
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
monda

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?   WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 pm

You see the three trees above my right hand, well 1985, might even have been the very day of the above picture, Russ Jarman went tearing down the start straight for the first lap of practice on wet grass and locked up taking the red banner and by a miracle went between the trees and down a rivine. He was gone for half an hour and apparently he got his front wheel jamed in the oven of an old cooker. He finally appeared after practice at the far left of the pic where the rivine met the track.
I remember it like yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Honda rider
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
Honda rider

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?   WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:23 am

monda wrote:
You see the three trees above my right hand, well 1985, might even have been the very day of the above picture, Russ Jarman went tearing down the start straight for the first lap of practice on wet grass and locked up taking the red banner and by a miracle went between the trees and down a rivine. He was gone for half an hour and apparently he got his front wheel jamed in the oven of an old cooker. He finally appeared after practice at the far left of the pic where the rivine met the track.
I remember it like yesterday.
I have seen down that bank, its well steep and I remember seeing a lot of rubbish down there too. lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?   WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:50 am

So whats your best race ever?????
Back to top Go down
Scott D
Expert
Expert
Scott D

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?   WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:46 am

The Best: West Wales MXC @ Kidwelly 2002, 5th Overall my Best Result on a Honda CRF450, Got my Name in the TMX News Results Smile. Thats the closest I'm getting to a World Title.
The Worst: Dredgers MXC @ Dale Airfield, Feb 2001 on a Honda CR 125, Just before the Foot and Mouth Kicked in. The Rain was Horizontal all Day. I learned a lot that day. Winter Training being one of em.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?   WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE? Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EVER RACE?
Page 1 of 1