Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Images of Speed

MX Training, Photographic, chat and information forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Retired!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
COACH
Admin
COACH

Retired!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Retired!!!!!   Retired!!!!! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:21 am

Im having to hang up the boots!!!! Not something I want to do but the bikes gone and an op is on its way.... maybe if the op is succesful and the pain goes away i'll make a third comeback... intentions are to still do a bit of coaching and crack on with the photos so i'll still be around. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.imagesofspeed.co.uk
oldgaz
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'
oldgaz

Retired!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Retired!!!!!   Retired!!!!! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:48 pm

That's a real S!@*t Ady, it's something we all dread i think. When you've been riding a long time it becomes a way of life and changing what you know,what you are used to and live for (which i know most women also try and do to us, i should know i've had two and a half wives) isn't all that easy when you're our age (i know I'm older.In september 2011 i would have been racing in one form or another for 40 years!!!) I'mean what would I do , watching isn't the same. I know when i started racing my dad ,who did a bit of trials riding went into organising clubs ,meetings and then as a scrutineer for 25 years. But to be honest that dosen't appeal to me .I know you've got the photography which still keeps you there and in touch just not quite the buzz. Still i'm sure i'll bump into you sometime this season, oh by the way i'm selling the '79 yz 400,i've sold the modern 250 2-smoke aswell, and i've now got a 1980 RM 125 gonna do the RDH twinshock series, found I could ride a 125 to my full potential, they are little, light, real easy to start, easy to pick up and i won a trophy on a borrowed one at Binstead at the end of last season, fantatsic fun. anyway Hope the pain subsides soon mate, all the best. Gary. pirat
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

Retired!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired!!!!!   Retired!!!!! EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 am

oldgaz wrote:
That's a real S!@*t Ady, it's something we all dread i think. When you've been riding a long time it becomes a way of life and changing what you know,what you are used to and live for (which i know most women also try and do to us, i should know i've had two and a half wives) isn't all that easy when you're our age (i know I'm older.In september 2011 i would have been racing in one form or another for 40 years!!!) I'mean what would I do , watching isn't the same. I know when i started racing my dad ,who did a bit of trials riding went into organising clubs ,meetings and then as a scrutineer for 25 years. But to be honest that dosen't appeal to me .I know you've got the photography which still keeps you there and in touch just not quite the buzz. Still i'm sure i'll bump into you sometime this season, oh by the way i'm selling the '79 yz 400,i've sold the modern 250 2-smoke aswell, and i've now got a 1980 RM 125 gonna do the RDH twinshock series, found I could ride a 125 to my full potential, they are little, light, real easy to start, easy to pick up and i won a trophy on a borrowed one at Binstead at the end of last season, fantatsic fun. anyway Hope the pain subsides soon mate, all the best. Gary. pirat

Yeah Gary i'm pi$$ed, just thought I had things sorted, sponser, no wife, 2 stroke back in the experts and then a coming together with another rider (well advasive action on my part or it would have been) and its all gone tits up! cheers Thats life I guess, see how the op goes and then ya never know I might not be able to restrain myself, hence the bike has now gone pale .
Been trying to find land to run a track on, but fook its hard to find in an area away from houses, this land of ours is over populated Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mart1g
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
Mart1g

Retired!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired!!!!!   Retired!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 am

Think you've hung em up before haven't ya mate?
Just see how ya op goes, and if you haven't got a bike in a few months and ya fancy a go, you can borrow mine!......just don't keep hold of it as long as the L200 ay!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Retired!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired!!!!!   Retired!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 am

Mart1g wrote:
Think you've hung em up before haven't ya mate?
Just see how ya op goes, and if you haven't got a bike in a few months and ya fancy a go, you can borrow mine!......just don't keep hold of it as long as the L200 ay!
lol!
Your a star Marty mate... gotta meet up to get that back to ya cheers
Back to top Go down
https://ios1.forumotion.com
Mart1g
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
Mart1g

Retired!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired!!!!!   Retired!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 am

Ha Ha!!
Like I said before no rush mate. Might be up at Popham on the 31st, a few enduro lads are going up there for a ride around and I might tag along if I can. Mind you I got a school reunion the day before so I might be wankered!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

Retired!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired!!!!!   Retired!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:17 am

Mart1g wrote:
Ha Ha!!
Like I said before no rush mate. Might be up at Popham on the 31st, a few enduro lads are going up there for a ride around and I might tag along if I can. Mind you I got a school reunion the day before so I might be wankered!!!
lol!
lol! lol! I have never been to a school reunion in my life!!!!! Guess it must be quite fun trying to figure out whos who scratch
Back to top Go down
Mart1g
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
Mart1g

Retired!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired!!!!!   Retired!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:44 am

Yep...and checking out if the cute ones from school are still shaggable, or if they've turned into whales with half a dozen kids! Razz
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

Retired!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired!!!!!   Retired!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:46 am

affraid lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Retired!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired!!!!!   Retired!!!!! Empty