Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Images of Speed

MX Training, Photographic, chat and information forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cameras/Tips for Beginners

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Frankcom21
Just practicing
Just practicing

Cameras/Tips for Beginners Empty
PostSubject: Cameras/Tips for Beginners   Cameras/Tips for Beginners EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi, i was just wondering what would be a good first camera to use, or what specs to look for in a camera, when just starting out with taking photos at motocross. I've only had a normal compact digital camera before but after seeing the many great pics on here i thought i'd give it a go to see what i could do.

Also any tips would be great. Very Happy

Cheers,

Simon
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cameras/Tips for Beginners   Cameras/Tips for Beginners EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:36 am

Frankcom21 wrote:
Hi, i was just wondering what would be a good first camera to use, or what specs to look for in a camera, when just starting out with taking photos at motocross. I've only had a normal compact digital camera before but after seeing the many great pics on here i thought i'd give it a go to see what i could do.

Also any tips would be great. Very Happy

Cheers,

Simon
Hi Simon, well depending on your budget really, but a good start would be ebay or shop wise London Camera Exchange (LCE) they have online shopping and do s/h stuff... I use Cannon and dont really know much about the alteratives like Nikon whoever I would stick to one or other and not go for a different brand as getting s/h lens and other stuff like batteries is a lot harder. Something like a 10/20d shouldnt be a fortune now but a lot of the quality comes from the lens so its worth spending as much if not more on the lens as the body. 350/450d is an other alternative but the 10 series (10/20/30/40/50) are the better cameras. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
https://ios1.forumotion.com
JC45
Expert
Expert
JC45

PostSubject: Re: Cameras/Tips for Beginners   Cameras/Tips for Beginners EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:12 am

Top advice from Coach, From my experience(all be it not very long) i bought a Nikon D40 which is has been replaced with the D3000 i believe...I bought the twin lens kit 18-55 & 55-200. Any photo on here posted by me has been with this unit. However knowing what i know from this short time i have been taking photo's i would definatley recommend on spending a bit more. I say this because once you start you will want more from your camera and lens.

Here is a link for a Nikon dealership if you choose that route http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/welcome.php
Back to top Go down
Chris Way Photography
Expert
Expert
Chris Way Photography

PostSubject: Re: Cameras/Tips for Beginners   Cameras/Tips for Beginners EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:52 pm

I personally have always been into canon, the first film cameras I had were Canon and all the digi compacts and Slrs I have had since are Canon! A lot of it is down to preference! Go to a shop Jessops or something have a look and a play with an Slr with a kit lens on and then get it off the net cheaper! Most Slrs now have huge pixel counts and quality sensors, so like the others said make sure you get a good bit of glass to go with it! Good luck and look forward to seeing some shots!! 8-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.chris-way.fotopic.net
Frankcom21
Just practicing
Just practicing

PostSubject: Re: Cameras/Tips for Beginners   Cameras/Tips for Beginners EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks for all the advice and i will take it all on board, going to have a look around nd see what i can find and will post my first shots on here ASAP. cheers

Also, how do you go about getting hold of a pass because i assume you need to get beyond the ropes to get the best shots at most tracks.

Once again thanks for the advice, you should write a book or something, MX Photography for Dummies Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cameras/Tips for Beginners   Cameras/Tips for Beginners Empty

Back to top Go down

Cameras/Tips for Beginners
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Images of Speed :: IOS FORUMS :: GALLERY-
Jump to: