Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
WELCOME TO IOS1.
PM THE 'COACH' ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION
Images of Speed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Images of Speed

MX Training, Photographic, chat and information forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SMX - PALE LANE Race Report

Go down 
+4
JC45
still-mx.co.uk
Asher
COACH
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
COACH
Admin
COACH

SMX - PALE LANE Race Report Empty
PostSubject: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:19 pm

First race since Feb so I wasnt expecting miracles, reckoned on 2 hot laps per race at most.
Woke up to torrential rain, but thought ah wtf i'll go it may not be raining at Fleet... Rolling Eyes and thankfully it had passed leaving the track a touch slippy to start but by the time practice was over it was almost perfect... cheers

Had to run the RM in so went out in 2 practice sessions along with Kristian Whatley affraid had a bit of a blast with him for a few corners then realised 2 laps was going to be a little more than I was going to be able to cope with... Embarassed

Went to the line for the qualification heat expecting to line up next to said young superstar only to notice he'd bottled my challange and gone out in heat 2.. Mad cheers

Heat.....HOLESHOT... afro lead for a lap and a bit before backing off to save what little energy I might have...came in a safe 3rd I think..

Had no intention of going out in the 'A' group so got the camera out and took a few snaps of the flying Whatley.

Over 40's was what i had decieded to tackle thinking it should be a tad easier, HOLESHOT lead for a few laps then hit the wall.... just couldnt grip the bars and it got a wee scary so had no option but to back off, ended up coming in about 6th.. I felt real pee'd off. Mad

Race 2, had an age handicap. Thankfully my age helped slightly although the winner of race 1 set off a good few bikes before me on his 450crf.... but my pace was hot for the first 2 laps and I was out front and pulled a small lead, could see one of the nippers coming up fast and by lap 5 I had to concide the lead but not before I repassed him just to let him know I could ride faster than him.. Laughing

Race 3 and a different hanicap based on your finish in race 1... by now a lot had packed up so I set off after the 3/4 riders in front soon displacing them and feeling reasonable I pulled out what I thought was an unassailable lead, only to slow and find that bloody nipper on me pipe again.. Mad so another second but still in one peace but bloody knackered and aching.. Embarassed

So how about your day?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imagesofspeed.co.uk
Asher
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'
Asher

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:33 pm

i had a cool day, in race one i got an average start and managed to come back to 6th by the end,

in race 2 i got a second place start and held it for a couple laps but got tired and dropped back to another 6th,

in race 3 i got the holeshot (thanks to ady's training) and finished 3rd for 3rd overall and got my first trophy!

so i'm megga chuffed.. even though it was C group Very Happy

well done to joe aswell for getting 5th overall Cool
Back to top Go down
still-mx.co.uk
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
still-mx.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptySun May 17, 2009 2:32 pm

I was the quickest out of the parking area with Ringwood Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.still-mx.co.uk
JC45
Expert
Expert
JC45

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyMon May 18, 2009 12:34 am

still-mx.co.uk wrote:
I was the quickest out of the parking area with Ringwood Cool

You sure about that lol!
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:54 am

Asher wrote:
i had a cool day, in race one i got an average start and managed to come back to 6th by the end,

in race 2 i got a second place start and held it for a couple laps but got tired and dropped back to another 6th,

in race 3 i got the holeshot (thanks to ady's training) and finished 3rd for 3rd overall and got my first trophy!

so i'm megga chuffed.. even though it was C group Very Happy

well done to joe aswell for getting 5th overall Cool

Well done dude, I got the money shot on the Holeshot too Wink
Back to top Go down
Asher
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'
Asher

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyMon May 18, 2009 12:15 pm

Awesome!! you posting it in the gallery section? Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe Potato
Just practicing
Just practicing

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyMon May 18, 2009 12:19 pm

Had a really good day, first smx meeting and first race since I broke my collarbone last summer. Got shoddy starts all day so think I could could do with a training day Ady Laughing.

Found it quite hard to adjust to the track, was my first time on a sandy track and think I paid the price for only riding smooth, dry, hardpack practise tracks recently. Really enjoying the rm though, coudn't be happier about making the switch to a 250.
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Asher wrote:
Awesome!! you posting it in the gallery section? Smile
Once I get time the pics will be in this thread fella...

Well done Joe, sand is a completely different kettle of fish to hard pack... practice makes perfect..
Back to top Go down
7446pats
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 8:56 am

Morning went well for me, practise was alot of fun and qualifying was good. Could'nt beat the master round the first corner though Sad

Race 1 i felt smooth and comfortable until i dropped it infront of the weird lookin fella with the camera Laughing .

Race 2, dropped it again... was gutted.

Race 3, got a rubbish start and had a fella crash infront of me round the 2nd corner. Dead last, dunno where i caught upto though.

Was alot of fun though i must say! Really enjoyed it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:05 am

7446pats wrote:
Morning went well for me, practise was alot of fun and qualifying was good. Could'nt beat the master round the first corner though Sad

Race 1 i felt smooth and comfortable until i dropped it infront of the weird lookin fella with the camera Laughing .

Race 2, dropped it again... was gutted.

Race 3, got a rubbish start and had a fella crash infront of me round the 2nd corner. Dead last, dunno where i caught upto though.

Was alot of fun though i must say! Really enjoyed it Very Happy
lol! Beating the 'Master Holshotmyster' would be like defeating the Jedi Master... you have mastered starts well and your results have proven this... time will tell... maybe when im about to retire you might stand a chance... lol! Razz Razz

Anyway you looked to be going well, looked like you could do with some stamina though... maybe a bit of training would help Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://ios1.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:06 am

Anyone know where the results are posted?
Back to top Go down
https://ios1.forumotion.com
Asher
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'
Asher

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:07 am

will be on www.southernmotocross.co.uk

... in a couple weeks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:57 am

Asher wrote:

Its already up... affraid

I got a 3rd overall, not that bad, but not happy to be beaten in that class.. No cheers
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:00 am

I'll try and get some pics up soon... still bloody recovering.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Asher
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'
Asher

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:01 am

Laughing

you out this weekend too ady?
Back to top Go down
wild weston
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:07 am

COACH wrote:
Asher wrote:

I got a 3rd overall, not that bad, but not happy to be beaten in that class.. No cheers

Glad you gat a ride Ady, you missed a cracking day at Whittings!
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:19 am

wild weston wrote:
COACH wrote:
Asher wrote:

Glad you gat a ride Ady, you missed a cracking day at Whittings!
Get your report up fella... tell us all about it... Wink
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:03 pm

Mr Whatley.... first 'A' group
SMX - PALE LANE Race Report Smx_0010
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Cool
SMX - PALE LANE Race Report Smx_0610
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:07 pm

Asher's big break.. Shocked
SMX - PALE LANE Race Report Smx2_111
Back to top Go down
Joe Potato
Just practicing
Just practicing

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Cheers for the pic Ady, good man for enduring the rain with the camera affraid
Back to top Go down
Asher
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'
Asher

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:34 pm

cheers ady Very Happy
Back to top Go down
7446pats
Junior 'C'
Junior 'C'

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyWed May 20, 2009 5:38 am

Any of me Ady #459? Thanks

Cool
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyWed May 20, 2009 5:43 am

7446pats wrote:
Any of me Ady #459? Thanks

Cool
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
COACH
Admin
COACH

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report EmptyWed May 20, 2009 5:44 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMX - PALE LANE Race Report   SMX - PALE LANE Race Report Empty

Back to top Go down

SMX - PALE LANE Race Report
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next